The WOOL Platform's roots are in the scientific community, with its initial version being developed in the context of a European Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation project. On this page, we provide an overview of the scientific literature and other material that either describes (parts of) the WOOL technology, or uses the WOOL Platform for studies on conversational-based human computer interaction.
- Tessa Beinema, Harm op den Akker, Dennis Hofs, Boris van Schooten, "The WOOL Dialogue Platform: Enabling Interdisciplinary User-Friendly Development of Dialogue for Conversational Agents [version 1; peer review: 1 approved, 1 approved with reservations]", in Open Research Europe 2022;2(7):1-15.
- Tessa Beinema, Harm op den Akker, Marian Hurmuz, Stephanie Jansen-Kosterink, Hermie Hermens, "Automatic Topic Selection for Long-Term Interaction with Embodied Conversational Agents in Health Coaching: A Micro-Randomized Trial", in Internet Interventions 2022;March:100502.
- Marian Hurmuz, Stephanie Jansen-Kosterink, Tessa Beinema, Katrien Fischer, Harm op den Akker, Hermie Hermens, "Evaluation of a Virtual Coaching System EHealth Intervention: A Mixed Methods Observational Cohort Study in the Netherlands", in Internet Interventions 2022;March:100501.
- Tessa Beinema, Daniel Davison, Dennis Reidsma, Oresti Banos, Merijn Bruijnes, Brice Donval, Alvaro Fides Valero, Dirk Heylen, Dennis Hofs, Gerwin Huizing, Reshmashree B. Kantharaju, Randy Klaassen, Jan Kolkmeier, Kostas Konsolakis, Alison Pease, Catherine Pelachaud, Donatella Simonetti, Mark Snaith, Vicente Traver, Jorien van Loon, Jacky Visser, Marcel Weusthof, Fajrian Yunus, Hermie Hermens, Harm op den Akker, "Agents United: An Open Platform for Multi-Agent Conversational Systems", in Proceedings of the 21st ACM International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents, pp 17-24, September 2021.
- Tessa Beinema, Harm op den Akker, Lex van Velsen, Hermie Hermens, "Tailoring Coaching Strategies to Users' Motivation in a Multi-Agent Health Coaching Application", in Computers in Human Behavior 2021;121:106797.
- Lex van Velsen, Miriam Cabrita, Harm op den Akker, Lena Brandl, Joana Isaac, María Suárez, Afonso Gouveia, Rute Dinis de Sousa, Ana Maria Rodrigues, Helena Canhão, Nathaniel Evans, DELA Natura- En Levensverzekeringen NV, Marije Blok, Carlos Alcobia, Jeannette Brodbeck, "LEAVES (optimizing the mentaL health and resiliencE of older Adults that haVe lost thEir spouSe via blended, online therapy): Proposal for an Online Service Development and Evaluation", in JMIR Research Protocols 2020;9(9):e19344.
- Silke ter Stal, Marijke Broekhuis, Lex van Velsen, Hermie Hermens, Monique Tabak, "Embodied Conversational Agent Appearance for Health Assessment of Older Adults: Explorative Study", in JMIR Human Factors 2020;7(3):e19987.
List of AuthorsBelow you can find all the scientific authors involved in publications related to the WOOL Platform (alphabetically by first name). When available, click on the author's name to view their profile.